Notes to the Media
To reach the
For more information
   
Index of 1999 News Releases
- Drug Use Among Teenagers Leveling Off, 12/17/99.
- Nicotine Vaccine Shows Promise For Combating Tobacco Addiction, 12/17/99.
- Club Drugs Take Center Stage in New National Education and Prevention Initiative by NIDA and National Partners, 12/2/99.
- Club Drugs: Raves, Risks, and Research: National Institute on Drug Abuse and Community-Based Partners will Announce a National Research and Education Initiative about Club Drugs
- National, Local Drug Addiction Experts Join Forces at Seattle Town Meeting To Discuss Substance Abuse Science, Prevention, and Treatment
- Federal Institutes and The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
Create Tobacco Use Research Centers, 10/18/99.
- Institute Publishes "Principles Of Drug Addiction Treatment"
- NIH Institute Launches National Drug Addiction Treatment Clinical Trials Network
- Scientists Identify Brain Chemicals Involved in "Switching On" Cocaine Addiction
- Differences In Human Brain Chemistry May Account For Different Responses To Stimulants
- Response to Cocaine Linked to Biological Clock Genes
- Boys Treated With Ritalin, Other Stimulants Significantly Less Likely To Abuse Drugs Later
- Chronic, Heavy Cocaine Use Associated with Long-Lasting Impaired Function, 8/1/99.
- NIH Institute Opens Treatment Research Center in Baltimore to Help Teens Quit Smoking, 6/17/99.
- Long-Term Brain Injury From Use of "Ecstasy", 6/14/99.
- Severity of Problems is Key to Best Type of Treatment For Cocaine Addiction, 6/14/99.
- Combined Drug Counseling Approach Works In Treating Cocaine Addiction, 6/14/99.
- Chronic Marijuana Users Become Aggressive During Withdrawal, 4/20/99.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse and Kmart Kids Race Against Drugs Join Forces in Massive National Drug Awareness Program, 4/13/99.
- Researchers Discover Function for Brain's Marijuana-Like Compound, 3/22/99.
- Higher Doses of Methadone Found to be Safe and Effective, 3/16/99.
- Advances in Imaging and Understanding the Human Brain Featured in NIH Commemoration of Brain Awareness Week, 3/3/99.