Notes to the Media
To reach the
For more information
    
Index of 2000 News Releases
- 2000 Monitoring The Future Survey Released - Moderating Trend Among Teen Drug Use Continues - 12/14/00.
- WALKING A GOOD PATH - 2001 Calendar: American Indian Organizations and NIDA Produce Free,
Science-based Calendar on Drug Abuse and Addiction - 11/15/00.
- Researchers Link Adolescent Cigarette Smoking with Anxiety Disorders during Early Adulthood - 11/7/00.
- Neuroscience at NIDA -- A Series of Satellite Symposia -- Will Highlight Current Neuroscience Research and Issues during Annual Society for Neuroscience Meeting - 11/3/00.
- High Success Rates For Variety Of Heroin Addiction Treatment Medications - 11/1/00.
- National Drug Abuse Treatment Clinical Trials Network Expands: Network now includes 11 research centers and nearly 70 treatment programs - 10/31/00.
- National Meeting In Los Angeles To Focus Attention On Drug Addiction And Treatment - 10/30/00.
- Access to Substance Abuse Treatment for Medicaid Clients Improves With Oregon Model for Financing Treatment Under Managed Care - 10/24/00.
- Blending Addiction Treatment and Research will be focus of Meeting in Los Angeles, November 1-2, 2000 - 10/18/00.
- NIDA Researchers Find That Animals Exposed to Marijuana's Active Component Will Self-Administer the Drug - 10/15/00.
- Teens, Women, and Whites More Vulnerable Than Others to Becoming Nicotine-Dependent - 9/25/00.
- NIDA Clinical Toolbox Provides the Latest Information about Drug Treatment Strategies; Comprehensive science-based materials to be distributed to all drug treatment programs nationwide - 9/18/00.
- NewsScan; NIDA Addiction Research News - A compilation of Research Findings and Upcoming Meeting Information - 9/15/00.
- Street Children and Drug Abuse: Social and Health Consequences - 9/14/00.
- New National Public Service Campaign Highlights How Drugs Damage the Brain - 9/11/00.
- Dr. Drew Pinsky to Join National Institute on Drug Abuse in Launching "Keep Your Brain Healthy. Don't Use Drugs." Campaign - 8/29/00.
- Study Finds Acupuncture Shows Promise For Treating Cocaine Addiction - 8/13/00.
- Medication Reduces Metabolism of Nicotine, Decreasing Urge to Smoke - 7/26/00.
- Conferences in South Africa to Focus On the Role of Drug Use in HIV Transmission - 6/30/00.
- Cocaine and Alcohol Combined Are More Damaging to Mental Ability Than Either Drug Alone - 6/26/00.
- "All About GHB" - Scientific Meeting to Focus on Research about Date Rape Drug - 6/22/00.
- Study Finds Marijuana Ingredient Promotes Tumor Growth, Impairs Anti-Tumor Defenses - 6/20/00.
- Researchers Announce Latest Study Results on Drug Dependence and Abuse - 6/16/00.
- Study Shows a Combination of Antabuse and Buprenorphine May Be Effective in Treating Those Addicted to Cocaine - 6/14/00.
- Urban Researchers Who Track Drug Use Will Meet In Baltimore - 6/8/00.
- The Makings of a Public Health Epidemic: Drug Abuse, HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis C - 5/9/00.
- NIDA Announces Multimedia Public Education Initiative Aimed at Reversing Rise in Use of Anabolic Steroids by Teens - National partners join effort to reach students, parents, and coaches, 4/14/00.
- Science, Steroids, and Youth - National Institute on Drug Abuse and Its Partners Will Announce a Nationwide Education Initiative About Anabolic Steroids, 4/07/00.
- Methamphetamine Abuse Linked to Long-Term Damage to Brain Cells, 3/27/00.
- Oscar Nominee, "The Insider," Receives Top Honors at PRISM Awards 2000, 3/21/00.
- Students Learn What's Really on Their Minds - Brain Awareness Week Activities, 3/13/00.
- New Study Underscores Effectiveness of Methadone Maintenance as Treatment for Heroin Addiction
- NIDA Survey Finds Practitioners Would Treat Addicted Patients With Office Based Methadone
- Nicotine Craving and Heavy Smoking May Contribute to Increased Use of Cocaine and Heroin, 2/20/00.
- Addiction & The Feminine Mystique - Seminar about Gender Differences in Addiction & Recovery, 1/7/00.