National Institute on Drug Abuse · National Institutes of Health
National Conference on Drug Addiction Treatment: From Research to Practice
Click on the Name to get the biography, click on the title to get the abstract.
- Keynote Address
- General Barry R. McCaffrey, USA (Ret.)
- Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP)
- Plenary Session - Bridging the Disconnect Between Research and Practice
- Alan I. Leshner, Ph.D.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse/National Institutes of Health
- Forum I: The Benefits of Treatment
- Stephen R. Zukin, M.D., Moderator
- John S. Gustafson, Discussant
- Forum II: The Role of Behavioral Treatment
- Lisa S. Onken, Ph.D., Moderator
- Linda P. Kaplan, CAE, Discussant
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapies and Counseling
- Kathleen M. Carroll, Ph.D.
- Yale University
- Behavior Therapy
- Maxine Stitzer, Ph.D.
- Johns Hopkins University
- Family Therapy
- Jose Szapocznik, Ph.D.
- University of Miami
- Therapeutic Communities: Overview of Apporach, Applications, and Effectiveness
- George DeLeon, Ph.D.
- National Development and Research Institutes
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Kathleen M. Carroll, Ph.D.
- Community Reinforcement Approach to Treatment, Stephen T. Higgins, Ph.D.
- How to Treat If You Only Have Three or Four Sessions, William R. Miller, Ph.D.
- Family Therapy, José Szapocznik, Ph.D.
- HIV Risk Reduction: Sex, Drugs, and the Importance of Context, Martin Y. Iguchi, Ph.D.
- Individual Addiction Counseling, Delinda Mercer, Ph.D.
- Group Drug Counseling, Dennis C. Daley, M.S.W.
- Forum III: The Benefits of Treatment
- Jack D. Blaine, M.D., Moderator
- Allan W. Graham, M.D., Discussant
- Detoxification: Necessary Antecedent to Treatment
- Herbert D. Kleber, M.D.
- Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Pharmacotherapy of Addictive Disorders
- Charles P. O'Brien, M.D., Ph.D.
- University of Pennsylvania
- Combined Behavioral and Pharmacological Treatment for Drug Addiction
- Bruce Rounsaville, M.D.
- Yale University
- Treatment of Medically Ill Individuals, Lawrence S. Brown, Jr., M.D., M.P.H.
- Ethnic/Cultural Issues in Drug Addiction Treatment, Kathy Sanders-Phillips, Ph.D.
- Alternative/Complementary Therapies, Milton L. Bullock, M.D.
- Detoxification, Herbert D. Kleber, M.D.
- New Medications, Thomas R. Kosten, M.D.
- Methadone and LAAM Treatment, Mary Jeanne Kreek, M.D., Ph.D.
- Improving Access to Drug Abuse Treatment Services, Thomas A. D'Aunno, Ph.D.
- Impact of Managed Care on Drug Abuse Treatment, Dennis McCarty, Ph.D.
- Forum IV: Current Treatment Issues
- Bennett W. Fletcher, Ph.D., Moderator
- Shirley D. Coletti, D.H.L., Discussant
[Home Page][Conference Index][Previous Page][Next Page: Abstracts]